Winter is fast approaching. The nights are getting darker and the winds are getting colder, and we all know that winter also means having to put up with a heck of a lot of rain. But, this isn’t all bad, because a rainy day is the perfect excuse to cosy up and stay indoors and not worry about the outside world for a while. Since I love having cosy days in, I thought it would be a fun idea to share 10 things you can do when its raining cats and dogs outside.
1. Have a duvet day // There’s no comfier place than your own bed, so why not spend your day under the covers and only leave your little cocoon of comfiness if you really, really have to.
2. Binge watch Netflix // Whether you re-watch your fave series for the hundredth time or maybe even watch a bunch of films that will make you both laugh and cry, Netflix will always be there for you when there’s no choice but to stay in.
3. Bake something // I love baking whatever the weather or occasion, however there’s always something so therapeutic and comforting about baking when it’s raining outside. Plus, your baked goodies will make a perfect snack for when watching Netflix. (Quick idea: recently when I went to stay with my boyfriend, we made Zoella’s ‘Gooey Oreo Cookie Cookies’ and I would definitely recommend them if you’re thinking of baking as they were delicious).
4. Make a hot drink // A hot drink will always warm you up on a winter’s day. My personal fave has to be hot chocolate, with marshmallows and cream of course.
5. Have a bubble bath // Baths are the perfect way to relax, and it’s always so soothing lying in a warm bubbly bath knowing you’re safe from the cold outside. Whack a bath bomb in, lie back and relax.
6. Go on an online shopping spree // Since you might not want to venture outdoors to the shopping centre, online shopping is your answer. Cosy up with your laptop and happily scroll through ASOS to your hearts content.
7. Invite friends over for a film day // Similar to the Netflix idea, but why not get your friends involved? Invite them over, pop some popcorn and stock up on snacks and you’re on your way to your very own home cinema.
8. Tidy up // A rainy day will give you plenty of time to tidy up your personal space, and this is a great way to relieve stress as it’s said that a tidy room can help you to think more clearly and be more productive.
9. Do something productive // If you’re not one to lounge around all day, then a rainy day gives you the perfect opportunity to crack on with some work. For me, I might take the opportunity to get on with (and probably cry over) a good old uni assignment.
10. Read or write a blog post // Catch up on the latest by
reading through your most loved blogs, and you never know this may spark up
some inspiration for your own blog too.
Do you do any of these things on a rainy day from this list?
What do you like to do on a rainy day?