Hello everyone! (I had to post this again as I had a few technical difficulties) Today I am going to talk about and try to explain how to create a hairstyle I am currently loving, which is the fishtail plait! Fishtail plaits are so nice for summer as they keep your hair out of the way but they look really creative and unique at the same time. I usually plait mine to the side as it is much easier to create a plait this way. They look quite hard to create at first, but once you know how to do it, it really is quite easy! It took me a while to get the hang of it, and mine still aren’t exceptionally neat, but I can create them fairly easily and I also quite like the messier, softer look to my fishtail plait. They can be quite time consuming, as you have to use smaller sections of hair whilst plaiting, however I love the end result! I much prefer a fishtail plait to a regular plait.
How to create a fishtail plait:
- Move all of your hair over to one side and split it into two even sections (I am going to call these sections the 1st section and the 2nd section so it is a little easier to explain)
- Take a thin piece of hair from the back of the 1st section and pass it over to the 2nd section. (This thin piece of hair will now cross over all of the 1st section and will join the 2nd section)
- Now take a thin piece of hair from the back of the 2nd section and pass it over to the 1st section. (This thin piece of hair will cross over all of the 2nd section and will join the 1st section, almost forming a cross where both thin pieces of hair have crossed over one another)
- Continue steps 2 and 3 until you have plaited all of your hair.
- Secure it with a clear hairband.
- If you want a thicker plait, gently pull the plait from either side to create a plait that appears thicker and wider.
Your end result should look similar to mine which I created on my own hair in the picture above the instructions. But of course, everyones will look slightly different!
I really hope that the instructions on how to create a fishtail plait aren’t too hard to follow, it is quite hard to explain how to create a fishtail plait but I’ve tried to explain it the best as I possibly can. Also, if you are stuck on trying to create your fishtail plait from my instructions, please leave a comment and I’ll try to help you!
What’s your opinion on fishtail plaits?